How do I prepare for a wax?
- Examine your skin
Check your skin for irritation, such as rashes, breakouts, sunburn or lesions. If you notice any of these symptoms avoid exfoliating or waxing until skin is fully healed.
- Length is key
For the smoothest achievable results allow 10-14 days of hair growth after shaving. If you are not a shaver, trim down hair no shorter than ½ an inch. We suggest using an electric trimmer that has a guard, ensuring you won't trim down too short.
- Ready your skin
Shower and exfoliate before you arrive. This will get rid of excess sebum, dirt and dead skin cells, allowing for the cleanest wax possible. Exfoliate by using a textured cloth in circular motions, remembering not to scrub too hard since this can irritate skin. After cleansing do not use any creams or oils as it will prevent wax from adhering to the hairs.
- Plan Ahead
Avoid wearing tight clothing to appointment, if receiving a bikini wax we suggest cotton underwear.
Avoid caffeine, as it can trigger nerves and make you feel more sensitive.
Taking a pain reliever 30 min ahead of time may also relieve pain.
How should I take care of my wax?
Let your skin heal
Your skin is compromised after a wax, meaning it is more susceptible to bacteria. In order to avoid infection and irritation, here are some of the things to avoid for the next 24-48 hours time may also relieve pain.
- Sex - Friction and heat from sex can lead to raw, sore skin, not to mention infection from bacteria... not very sexy!
- Exercise - Friction and sweat from working out may cause a rash, and cause a break out from clogging the freshly waxed pores with sweat and bacteria.
- Sun - Waxing removes your top layer of dead skin, making your skin more likely to burn after sun exposure, try and avoid it for at least 48 hours.
- Sauna/steam rooms & hot showers - Bacteria lives and thrives in damp areas. In addition, you need to cool and soothe your skin, introducing more heat to freshly waxed skin will only prolong sensitivity. If you have second thoughts about doing something after a wax, follow your instinct and wait at least 24 hrs.
How should I prepare for a spray tan?
- Make sure you exfoliate with a dry body brush or non oil-based scrub prior to getting a spray tan, as this will allow a smooth, even surface for the spray tan to adhere to.
- Plan on waxing or shaving before the appointment. If you do this after, the spray tan will come off.
- Make sure you have no lotions or oils on your skin.
- Wear or bring loose clothing with you.
How do I take care of my spray tan?
- Do not shower for 10 hours after your appointment.
- Avoid exercise for 24 hrs.
- Avoid tight clothing until after you have showered.
- Wear long pants and sleeves to bed, if you do not plan on showering before you sleep.
Do you have parking?
Yes. Parking is provided in the lot. There is also street parking on Cushdon and metered parking Overland Ave.
What forms of payment do you accept?
We accept all major credit cards and cash. No checks please.
What are your hours?
You can find our schedule here!